Our aim for our member naturopaths is to provide support and to progress and protect the development of naturopathic medicine in New Zealand. To the general public, we provide a guaranteed standard of natural health ensuring registered members are qualified to the best standards of education and that they continue with education on a yearly basis going forward.
Our Mission Statement
The Society aims to:
- Ensure Naturopathy is visible and accessible to all New Zealanders.
- Provide the public with a resource of qualified and professional members.
- Promote naturopaths, and be recognised as valuable partners in the health care system.
NMHNZ maintains its high standards and professionalism by:
- Only accepting members who meet our high standards of education and have qualified through accredited colleges.
- Having a Code of Ethics and Rules of Practice to ensure professionalism is maintained.
- Providing ongoing, reciprocal communication and support to our members.
- Encouraging respect for clients and fellow colleagues.
- Providing members with a network that includes relevant resources and services, public relations, continuing education opportunities, member meetings which contribute to continuing education, a highly professional website, and positive leadership for the promotion and advancement of the profession.
- Offering comprehensive liability insurance for our members.
- Fostering relationships with healthcare insurance providers to allow naturopathy costs to be claimed via health insurance policies.
- Facilitating relations with other organisations in the Natural Health Industry.
Our Aims are to provide support and opportunities now and in the future, for our members.
- NMHNZ aims to work towards registration and regulation at a government level for the modality of naturopathy.
- NMHNZ aims to encourage further education of members within the profession of naturopathy.
- NMHNZ supports scientific research in the use of naturopathic interventions for health issues.