As primary health care support Naturopaths can be a great source of comfort and help for people during the Covid-19 pandemic. We can help by spreading the official public health messages. Please ensure you are doing so.
- We are in Level 1 status in New Zealand, which means other than border controls there are no restrictions on our freedom or on practicing naturopathy.
- You may see clients in person, but it would be best to ensure they are not showing flu-like symptoms. If so, please tell them to call their doctor to be referred for a Covid-19 test before having them come to your practice.
- Please do not operate if you are showing flu-like symptoms yourself, but instead get a Covid-19 test.
- PPE is not required but should you or your clients feel more comfortable using it, you should ensure you are aware how to correctly use PPE.
- Display posters and information to encourage individual infection control.
- Remove or regularly clean objects such as toys and magazines that could aid in transmission.
- Use no-touch waste bins.
- Increase the frequency of standard cleaning measures.
- You are not required to have a contact tracing register collecting information on anyone who enters your premises, however we encourage you to put up a QR code so that people who have downloaded the government’s contact tracing app are able to use it effectively.
- Hand sanitation is imperative, you must wash your hands between clients and whenever else is appropriate. Continue to wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (for kids it helps to tell them to sing Happy Birthday twice).
- There’s no harm in having free access to hand sanitiser in public zones.
- For further information regarding your practice you can call the Business Support Line – 0800 500 362
- There are still many immunocompromised, older, or simply cautious people who will still prefer not to go out at the moment, so continuing consultations by phone or online formats is a great option. Information about how to do this can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/336807163070325/posts/2807891392628544/
If you are concerned you are showing symptoms, DO NOT go to the emergency department or your doctor’s office, rather call your doctor, or the dedicated Covid-19 Healthline 0800 358 5453 (or for international SIMs +64 9 358 5453) for up to date advice and information on what to do.
If you have having an emergency, phone 111 and advise them that the symptoms are Covid-19 related.
For regularly updated information please visit the Ministry of Health resource dedicated to giving information on covid-19 here https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-novel-coronavirus-resources/covid-19-information-sheets-general-public
There is also a dedicated Healthline for Covid-19 advice and
information: The number is 0800 358 5453 (or for international
SIMs +64 9 358 5453). This is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is free.
Please contact email@example.com with questions, or if you
need support or are worried.